FCC - Filipino Community Center
Founded in 2004, the Filipino Community Center (FCC) is dedicated to providing a safe space where Filipino families can access services, receive support, and build community. We foster and develop community empowerment, grassroots leadership, advocacy, and organizing to address the immediate and long term issues of our communities locally, nationally, and in the Philippines.
The FCC provides culturally competent programs and services, helps community members access free and low-cost resources, and connects families to grassroots organizations and advocates.
We offer Family Support Services including free information, referrals, and case management for the following needs:
- Workers rights and employment upport including job search and resume writing
- Immigration needs such as referrals for legal consultations and questions on citizenship, family petitions, and immigrant rights
- Service Referrals for any other needs such as housing, elderly services, domestic violence and women’s services. We can help connect you to other providers who may be able to help with your particular issue skill development workshops, Filipino cultural activities, team building, and community field trips - youth develop leadership skills they can use both in school and in the community.
KABATAAN HAS THREE CORE VALUES:
- Kapamilya (Family): Providing a fun, safe, and empowering youth space where everyone is treated like family
- Kamalayan (Consciousness): Learning skills that will teach us to be better leaders in our schools and communities
- Katarungan (Justice): Taking action in youth organizing campaigns and community events that make positive changes for our communities