We are hiring a Governance Consultant and an Operations Manager! Please send your resume/CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE JULY 29TH for GOVERNANCE CONSULTANT AND AUGUST 1st for OPS MANAGER.
Operations Manager: 32-40 hours a week
The Operations Manager for SOMA Pilipinas will develop systems of communications, administration, and reporting for the organization, ensures implementation and deliverables of City and private contracts, MOU’s, and partnerships, and guides and monitor the implementation of the day-to-day work of the cultural district. This position shall ensure organizational effectiveness by supervising staff, all administrative and financial functions, and coordination with our fiscal sponsor. This position also supports the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and procedures, especially with the establishment of the formal structure of governance for the cultural district.
The Operations Manager also takes lead in tracking developer and City commitments for public realm improvements, tracks cultural assets, including those in the public realm, and develops and implements plan for protection and maintenance, especially assets directly held by the cultural district. This position works closely with the Urban Design working committee of SOMA Pilipinas and other project-based and working committees of the cultural district. This position also is responsible for developing working partnerships with other cultural districts and community stakeholders. Compensation DOE.
At least 7 years experience working in community arts, service, and/or urban planning sector, preferably with experience with cultural organizations or districts.
Experience supervising and managing staff and developing workplans to achieve organizational goals.
Strong project management, communication, facilitation, and analytical skills.
Experience in budget advocacy, grant management, and fulfilling contract deliverables.
Experience facilitating staff, stakeholder, community, and public meetings.
Familiarity with City government and working with diverse communities in San Francisco.
Proven organizational skills and experience working collaboratively with community and institutional stakeholders.
Extensive experience working in the Filipino community and proven commitment to social and economic justice for immigrant working class communities.
Bachelor’s degree in the arts, urban planning, social service or other pertinent fields of study.
Familiarity with SOMA community and ability to speak or understand Filipino a plus.
GOVERNANCE / ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
SUMMARY OF SCOPE: In partnership with the City, FADF is hiring a consultant to lead the development of a formal structure of governance for SOMA Pilipinas- Filipino Cultural Heritage District of San Francisco. The first phase of the consultant’s work would be interviewing stakeholders, conducting research, and guiding the SOMA Pilipinas Cultural District’s working group to strengthen collective vision and strategic direction around the following core competencies:
● History and Heritage: Historic land-marking, Archiving, Documentation, and Ethno tours
● Public realm and Public Art: Development of branding, signage and wayfinding, public monuments and cultural markers, plaques, gateways, and special crosswalks.
● Cultural Activities: Support cultural activities that are part of the cultural life of the district, raise public awareness about Filipino history, culture and contributions.
● Policy & Advocacy for Community Stabilization: Lead in developing the CHHESS and work with city and community stakeholders on implementation of strategies.
The second phase of the consultant’s work would be to assist the Working Group to assess whether the Cultural District should become its own 501c3 and/or should continue to be fiscallysupported by FADF. This consultant may assist with submitting incorporation documents and identifying training and technical assistance opportunities for the inaugural board members and staff. PRIMARY OUTCOMES: Consultant will conduct focus groups with community stakeholders to identify the following:
1. process on how community members, residents, and other allies can participate in the cultural district’s efforts and decision making processes;
2. how the cultural district can work in collaboration with existing organizations to prevent further displacement of Filipino residents, to raise the visibility of the Filipino community, to support SOMA residents, and sustain Filipino cultural activities.
Consultant will conduct focus groups with the various groups of stakeholders of the cultural district to get feedback on the role of the cultural district and input on how stakeholders and supportive organizations and institutions can give input and collaborate on the goals of the cultural district.
Consultant will work with SOMA Pilipinas staff, FADF Board, and City team on further defining the Cultural District’s scope of work and priorities and sharpening its role in the community as to avoid duplication of work with existing organizations, and identifying key partnerships needed to advance its mission.
Consultant will research cultural district, or similar organizational structures, models to support the working group serve as inaugural Board members. Also to identify best practices for conducting its business, how new board members and officers will be appointed or elected, voting procedures, and how committees are created and discontinued, public noticing and process for community input, and posting of official minutes.
Consultant shall provide a report to with outcomes of focus groups and recommendations for organizational structure, processes, protocols and other recommendations that will guide FADF and the Working Group in developing the governance structure and by-laws.
1. Five to ten years in community development work, preferably working with cultural organizations or districts.
2. Experience in organizational development with familiarity with various governance structures and working with Board of Directors.
3. Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and writing skills.
4. Strong analytical skills and research skills.
5. Experience facilitating focus groups with wide array of stakeholders.
6. Proven ability to work independently and in teams.
7. Familiarity with City government functioning a plus.
8. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field a plus.
9. Familiarity with SoMa and/or Filipino culture, community, organizations a plus.
10. Ability to speak or understand Filipino a plus.
Timeframe: July- December 2019 Total Hours: 100